The Exchange Brewery is looking for an experienced hospitality professional to join our team in the role of Event Coordinator.
The candidate should have minimum of 1+ years in the hospitality industry, in a supervisor or management role. An education in hospitality management, public relations, event management or another relevant field is preferred, but not required.
The candidate must be a self-motivated worker, with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment. The candidate is expected to take initiative and responsibility of current and future projects, along with finding growth opportunities for business, particularly in the off season.
Job responsibilities include:
- Responding to all event inquiries, in a timely fashion.
- Planning and executing all onsite private events, with the expectation of being on-site for events.
- Ensuring clear and consistent communication to event hosts, and internal management team.
- Organize meetings between caterers, guests and other 3rd parties related to event.
- Assists guests in obtaining applicable Special Occasion Permits (SOP’s).
- Ordering required event supplies/rentals.
- Issues quotes, invoices and process applicable payments.
- Expanding private event portfolio and potential partnerships.
We are looking for an individual with the following traits:
- Ability to identify, understand and meet the client needs.
- Excellent time management skills, with the capability to multi-task.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Friendly and outgoing.
- Remain calm under pressure.
- Lead confidently.
- Ability to problem-solve.
Candidate must be Smart Serve Certified and available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and the occasional weekend.
Position to begin immediately, with pay to be determined based on experience.
Potential for full time hours is available, if paired with a Tasting Room and Retail Associate position.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Amy Neufeld at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday August 18th 2017.
Interviews to begin immediately.