Situated on historic Queen St, The Exchange Brewery is Niagara-on-the-Lake’s newest craft brewery. With a range of barrel-aged sours, Belgian beers and IPAs, we aim to make the most exciting, sought-after beer in the country.
The Exchange Brewery is currently seeking a friendly, articulate and energetic craft beer lover to join our team as a part-time Tasting Room and Retail Associate. The position will include 8-10 hours per week, with a focus on weekends and the occasional evening, with the potential to expand, depending on the season and events at the brewery.
Your duties will include:
- Providing a premium customer experience in a fast-paced, bustling environment; with the ability to fulfill multiple roles including: server, bartender, hostess and some food prep/service.
- Ensuring all guests are welcomed upon arrival and are provided with a proper overview of the brewery’s menu and tap list.
- Providing the service of beer on tap via flights, individual samples and glass, in both a table and bar service environment, along with an assortment of snacks, while offering an educational and enjoyable experience of the brewery and the beer produced.
- Hosting guided beer tastings and beer and cheese pairings to customers and tour group companies.
- Leading public and private tours of the production facility and cellar.
- Keeping the tap room pristine, via performing daily cleaning list activities, along with opening and closing procedures.
- Ensuring the bottle shop fridge and merchandise wall is consistently stocked. Assisting with putting away weekly bottle orders.
- Assisting with off-site event, including setting up and serving from a jockey box.
- Serving both on-site private and public events, including corporate events, seasonal functions, trivia nights and paint nights.
- Handling cash and credit card transactions, including providing your own float.
We are looking for a team member who is:
- Passionate about the craft beer industry, with a continuous desire to learn more, particularly with barrel-aged beers and sours.
- One to two years in the hospitality industry.
- Positive, outgoing and a great team player.
- Able to multitask and use time efficiently.
- Responsible, diligent and able to take initiative.
- Quick learner and a hard worker.
- Smart Serve certified.
- Flexible schedule, with open availability on weekends and some evenings.
- Consistent and reliable transportation.
- Students currently enrolled in the Brewmaster and Brewery Operations Management program at Niagara College.
- Previous work experience at a brewery.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Fluent in a second language.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Pay above server minimum wage plus tips.
- Extensive beer training, including Cicerone Beer Server (First Level Cicerone Certification).
- Positive work and team environment.
- Advanced notice of published schedules.
If the above sounds like you, and you’re excited at the opportunity to join our team, we want to hear from you!
Please send your resumé to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com along with a cover letter, or drop off a resume in person at 7 Queen Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, L0S 1J0. Interviews to begin immediately, with the proper candidates.