With big notes of pineapple and coconut, our Belgian Golden Ale is the perfect beer to give your classic Banana Bread a delicious tropical twist. The ale gives the bread more oomph, with a light and airy texture, and helps in keeping it moist and tender for days. Find our Belgian Golden at an LCBO near you.
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
1¼ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3 medium bananas, mashed
⅓ cup melted butter (or margarine)
¼ cup Belgian Golden Ale
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the center of the oven. Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, blend together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add the bananas, butter and Golden Ale. Fold the wet mixture into the dry, combining until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 5-10 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan.