Event Lead & Tasting Room Server
The Exchange Brewery is currently seeking a friendly, articulate and energetic craft beer lover to join our team as an Event Lead and Tasting Room Server. The position will include shifts throughout the week, including weekends and extended shifts of 8+ hours. This position requires a candidate with a valid G drivers license, be a minimum of 21 years old for insurance purposes and be comfortable driving a large sprinter van.
Your duties will include:
- Reporting to the Event Coordinator to assist and execute off-site events, including but not limited to:
- Loading/unloading Sprinter Van
- Lifting/moving kegs up to 75 lbs
- Setting up and service of beer from a jockey box
- Setting up off-site event tent, décor, promotional material
- Organizing of specific event requirements and documentation
- Inventory and maintenance of event merchandise, promotional materials, and serving utensils including keeping off-site event kit organized and stocked
- Tracking/reporting token or cash event sales and keg inventory to Event Coordinator
- Providing premium customer service during off-site events
- Assisting/Leading tasting room servers with off-site event procedures and set up when scheduled
- Available for potential overnight stays depending on event location/duration
Reporting to the Tasting Room Manager & Supervisors:
- Providing a premium customer experience in a fast-paced, bustling environment; with the ability to fulfill multiple roles including serving at the tasting room.
- Ensuring all guests are welcomed upon arrival and are provided with a proper overview of the brewery’s menu and tap list.
- Providing the service of beer on tap via flights, individual samples and glass, in both a table and bar service environment, along with an assortment of snacks, while offering an educational and enjoyable experience of the brewery and the beer produced.
- Keeping the tasting room pristine, via performing daily cleaning list activities, along with opening and closing procedures.
- Ensuring the bottle shop fridge and merchandise wall is consistently stocked.
- Assisting with putting away weekly bottle orders.
- Serving both on-site private and public events, including corporate events, seasonal functions, and comedy nights.
- Handling cash and credit card transactions, including providing your own float.
We are looking for a team member who is/has:
- Passionate about the craft beer industry, with a continuous desire to learn more, particularly with barrel-aged beers and sours.
- One year or more experience in the hospitality industry.
- Positive, outgoing and a great team player.
- Able to multitask and use time efficiently.
- Responsible, diligent and able to take initiative.
- Quick learner and a hard worker.
- Smart Serve certified.
- Flexible schedule, with open availability on weekends and throughout the week and ability/willingness to work extended hours
- Previous experience driving large sprinter vans
- Graduates of the Brewmaster and Brewery Operations Management program at Niagara College.
- Previous work experience at a brewery.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Fluent in a second language.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Extensive beer training, including Cicerone Beer Server (First Level Cicerone Certification).
- Positive work and team environment.
- Advanced notice of published schedules.
If the above sounds like you, and you’re excited at the opportunity to join our team, we want to hear from you! Please apply with a resume, along with a cover letter addressed to Kathryn Dodington (firstname.lastname@example.org). Resumes can be sent through indeed, or dropped off in person at the brewery at 7 Queen Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, between the hours of 11:00 am – 9:00 pm. Interviews to begin end of March, with the position to begin early May. Full time hours are available for this position until the end of the summer, with the opportunity to stay on part-time throughout the fall and winter months.