Event Lead & Tasting Room Server
The Exchange Brewery is currently seeking a friendly, articulate and energetic craft beer lover to join our team as a Event Lead and Tasting Room Server. The position will include shifts throughout the week, including weekends and extended shifts of 8+ hours. This position requires a candidate with a valid G drivers license, be a minimum of 21 years old for insurance purposes and be comfortable driving a large sprinter van.
Your duties will include:
Reporting to the Event Coordinator to assist and execute off-site events, including but not limited to:
- Loading/unloading Sprinter Van
- Lifting/moving kegs up to 75 lbs
- Setting up and service of beer from a jockey box
- Setting up off-site event tent, décor, promotional material
- Organizing of specific event requirements and documentation
- Inventory and maintenance of event merchandise, promotional materials, and serving utensils including keeping off-site event kit organized and stocked
- Tracking/reporting token or cash event sales and keg inventory to Event Coordinator
- Providing premium customer service during off-site events
- Assisting/Leading tasting room servers with off-site event procedures and set up when scheduled
- Available for potential overnight stays depending on event location/duration
Reporting to the Tasting Room Manager & Supervisors:
- Providing a premium customer experience in a fast-paced, bustling environment; with the ability to fulfill multiple roles including serving at the tasting room.
- Ensuring all guests are welcomed upon arrival and are provided with a proper overview of the brewery’s menu and tap list.
- Providing the service of beer on tap via flights, individual samples and glass, in both a table and bar service environment, along with an assortment of snacks, while offering an educational and enjoyable experience of the brewery and the beer produced.
- Keeping the tasting room pristine, via performing daily cleaning list activities, along with opening and closing procedures.
- Ensuring the bottle shop fridge and merchandise wall is consistently stocked.
- Assisting with putting away weekly bottle orders.
- Serving both on-site private and public events, including corporate events, seasonal functions, and comedy nights.
- Handling cash and credit card transactions, including providing your own float.
We are looking for a team member who is/has:
- Passionate about the craft beer industry, with a continuous desire to learn more, particularly with barrel-aged beers and sours.
- One year or more experience in the hospitality industry.
- Positive, outgoing and a great team player.
- Able to multitask and use time efficiently.
- Responsible, diligent and able to take initiative.
- Quick learner and a hard worker.
- Smart Serve certified.
- Flexible schedule, with open availability on weekends and throughout the week and ability/willingness to work extended hours
- Previous experience driving large sprinter vans
- Graduates of the Brewmaster and Brewery Operations Management program at Niagara College.
- Previous work experience at a brewery.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Fluent in a second language.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Extensive beer training, including Cicerone Beer Server (First Level Cicerone Certification).
- Positive work and team environment.
- Advanced notice of published schedules.
If the above sounds like you, and you’re excited at the opportunity to join our team, we want to hear from you! Please apply with a resume, along with a cover letter addressed to Kathryn Dodington: firstname.lastname@example.org . Resumes can be sent through indeed, or dropped off in person at the brewery at 7 Queen Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, between the hours of 11:00 am – 9:00 pm.