Tasting Room Server
The Exchange Brewery is currently seeking friendly, articulate and energetic craft beer lovers to join our team as Tasting Room Servers. Full-time and part-time positions available, with start times beginning in June.
Your duties will include:
- Providing a premium customer experience in a fast-paced, bustling environment; with the ability to fulfill multiple roles including serving, bartending and some food prep.
- Ensuring all guests are welcomed upon arrival and are provided with a proper overview of the brewery’s menu and tap list.
- Providing the service of beer on tap via flights, individual samples and drafts, in both a table and bar service environment, along with an assortment of snacks, while offering an educational and enjoyable experience of the brewery and the beer produced.
- Keeping the tasting room pristine, via performing daily cleaning list activities, along with opening and closing procedures.
- Ensuring the bottle shop fridge and merchandise wall is consistently stocked.
- Assisting with putting away weekly bottle orders.
- Assisting with off-site events, including setting up and service of beer from a jockey box.
- Serving both onsite private and public events, including for example: corporate events, rehearsal dinners, and comedy nights.
- Handling cash and credit card transactions, including providing your own float.
We are looking for a team member who is/has:
- Passionate about the craft beer industry, with a continuous desire to learn more, particularly with barrel-aged beers and sours.
- One year or more experience in the hospitality industry.
- Positive, outgoing and a great team player.
- Able to multitask and use time efficiently.
- Responsible, diligent and able to take initiative.
- Quick learner and a hard worker.
- Smart Serve certified.
- Flexible schedule, with open availability on weekends (along with throughout the week for full-time position)
- Consistent and reliable transportation.
- Valid Drivers License and ability to drive a sprinter van
- Previous work experience at a brewery, winery or distillery.
- Students currently enrolled, or graduates of the Brewmaster and Brewery Operations Management program at Niagara College.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Fluent in a second language.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Pay above server minimum wage, plus tips
- Extensive beer training, including Cicerone Beer Server (First Level Cicerone Certification).
- Positive work and team environment.
- Advanced notice of schedule.
If the above sounds like you, and you’re excited at the opportunity to join our team, we want to hear from you! Apply on Indeed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time