Tasting Room Server
The Exchange Brewery is currently seeking friendly, articulate and energetic craft beer lovers to join our team as Tasting Room Servers. Full-time and part-time positions available, with start times beginning the end of April, along with mid-May.
Your duties will include:
- Providing a premium customer experience in a fast-paced, bustling environment; with the ability to fulfill multiple roles including serving, bartending and some food prep.
- Ensuring all guests are welcomed upon arrival and are provided with a proper overview of the brewery’s menu and tap list.
- Providing the service of beer on tap via flights, individual samples and drafts, in both a table and bar service environment, along with an assortment of snacks, while offering an educational and enjoyable experience of the brewery and the beer produced.
- Keeping the tasting room pristine, via performing daily cleaning list activities, along with opening and closing procedures.
- Ensuring the bottle shop fridge and merchandise wall is consistently stocked.
- Assisting with putting away weekly bottle orders.
- Assisting with off-site events, including setting up and service of beer from a jockey box.
- Serving both onsite private and public events, including for example: corporate events, rehearsal dinners, and comedy nights.
- Handling cash and credit card transactions, including providing your own float.
We are looking for a team member who is/has:
- Passionate about the craft beer industry, with a continuous desire to learn more, particularly with barrel-aged beers and sours.
- One year or more experience in the hospitality industry.
- Positive, outgoing and a great team player.
- Able to multitask and use time efficiently.
- Responsible, diligent and able to take initiative.
- Quick learner and a hard worker.
- Smart Serve certified.
- Flexible schedule, with open availability on weekends (along with throughout the week for full-time position)
- Consistent and reliable transportation.
- Previous work experience at a brewery, winery or distillery.
- Students currently enrolled, or graduates of the Brewmaster and Brewery Operations Management program at Niagara College.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Fluent in a second language.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Pay above server minimum wage, plus tips
- Extensive beer training, including Cicerone Beer Server (First Level Cicerone Certification).
- Positive work and team environment.
- Advanced notice of schedule.
If the above sounds like you, and you’re excited at the opportunity to join our team, we want to hear from you! Please apply with a resume, along with a cover letter addressed to Amy Kvas (email@example.com). Resumes can be emailed or dropped off in person at the brewery at 7 Queen Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, during business hours. Interviews to begin the third week of March.