Video Marketing Intern
Do you have a passion for creating awesome videos and a love for craft beer? The Exchange Brewery is currently seeking a creative and highly-motivated video marketing intern to join our team this Summer. This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to gain valuable experience with a company in the online marketing space. The Video Marketing Intern will report to the Marketing Coordinator and assist The Exchange Brewery with their video filming and editing knowledge, to help produce fun, engaging and high quality video content for our social media and marketing campaigns.
This is a 30hrs/week position over 11 weeks: from June 28th to September 9th, 2021. Work hours Monday-Friday with occasional work on evenings and/or weekends (ie. to film during events).
Your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Video Brainstorming & Research with managerial team: Understanding of objectives in-line with marketing strategies, key messaging, identifying audience, setting timelines.
- Pre-Production duties: Story identification, storyboarding, planning, script writing and shoot preparation
- Production duties: Shoot interviews and b-roll video
- Post production and review: Editing, recording voice-overs, music sourcing, revisions, approvals, deliveries.
- In charge of developing content for The Exchange Brewery’s YouTube Channel (long editorial videos)
- In charge of producing content for The Exchange Brewery’s IGTV channel & IG Reels (editorial & commercial videos)
- In charge of producing short commercial ad videos (ie. Instagram/Facebook ads, Adwords pre-roll & display ads)
- Other miscellaneous digital marketing duties, such as community management and coordination of Instagram lives.
Knowledge & skills:
- Knowledge of the entire video production workflow & process: pre-production, production and post-production
- Knowledge of commercial & editorial content videos
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro & After Effects.
- Good command of one or more image and sound editing software
- Knowledge of social media platforms and current trends
- Very autonomous and independent – a fast learner.
This internship opportunity is offered as part of the Government of Canada’s Digital Skills for Youth Program. Qualified candidates must be:
- Post-secondary graduates – Film production & editing diploma / certification
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada.
- Not previous participants of the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) program
Successful applicants will receive:
- Pay above minimum wage.
- Positive work and team environment.
If the above sounds like you, and you’re excited at the opportunity to join our team, we want to hear from you! Please apply with a resume, along with a cover letter and 2 to 3 examples of your past/current work (portfolio / video links / Instagram or Youtube Channel), addressed to Marketing Coordinator Audrey Le Goff, email@example.com. Applications can also be dropped off in person at our brewery at 7 Queen Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, between the hours of 11:00 am – 6:00 pm.