Your duties will include:
· Providing a premium customer experience in a fast-paced environment; with the ability to fulfill multiple roles including serving, bartending, and some food prep.
· Ensuring all guests are welcomed upon arrival and are provided with a proper overview of the brewery’s menu and tap list.
· Providing the service of beer on tap via flights, individual samples and by the glass, in both a table and bar service environment, along with an assortment of snacks, while offering an educational and enjoyable experience of the brewery and the beer produced.
· Keeping the tasting room pristine, via performing daily cleaning list activities, along with opening and closing procedures.
· Ensuring the bottle shop fridge and merchandise wall is consistently stocked.
· Assisting with putting away weekly bottle orders.
· Assisting with off-site events, including setting up and service of beer from a jockey box.
· Serving both onsite private and public events, including for example: corporate events, rehearsal dinners, and comedy nights.
· Handling cash and credit card transactions, including providing your own float.
We are looking for a team member who is/has:
· Passionate about the craft beer industry, with a continuous desire to learn more, particularly with barrel-aged beers and sours.
· One year or more experience in the hospitality industry.
· Positive, outgoing and a great team player.
· Able to multitask and use time efficiently.
· Responsible, diligent and able to take initiative.
· Quick learner and a hard worker.
· Smart Serve certified.
· Flexible schedule, with open availability on weekends.
· Consistent and reliable transportation.
· Students currently enrolled, or graduates of the Brewmaster and Brewery Operations Management program at Niagara College.
· Previous work experience at a brewery, winery or distillery.
· Valid First Aid Certificate.
· Fluent in a second language.
Successful applicants will receive:
· $15/hr plus tips
· Extensive beer training, including Cicerone Beer Server (First Level Cicerone Certification).
· Positive work and team environment.
If the above sounds like you, and you’re excited at the opportunity to join our team, we want to hear from you! Please apply with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.