We’re hiring !
Tasting Room Server and Retail Associate
The Exchange Brewery is currently seeking friendly and energetic craft beer lovers to join our team. With both full-time and part-time Tasting Room Server and Retail Associate positions available.
Situated in Niagara-On-The-Lake, on historic Queen Street, The Exchange Brewery is a premium craft brewery, with a focus on Belgian and American style ales. With over thirty ales released in its’ first year, the 2017 New York International Beer Competition recently designated The Exchange Brewery as the, “Canadian Brewery of the Year.”
Your duties will include:
- Greeting customers upon arrival, along with guiding customers through our tasting room menu.
- Providing exceptional bar service and table service, along with bartending.
- Offering knowledgeable service of our beer, with the ability to upsell.
- Hosting brewery tours and guided tastings, for both large and small groups.
- Independently performing opening and closing procedures.
- Sustaining a clean and organized bar and retail store.
- Ensuring the bottle shop and retail merchandise are stocked.
- Handling cash and card transactions, along with balancing end of day reports.
- Providing own float.
- Assisting with weekly inventory.
- Assisting with offsite events, including beer festivals and supper markets.
- Assisting with onsite public and private events, including trivia nights, euchre nights, beer dinners and private functions.
We are looking for team members who are:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about craft beer, with a desire to learn more.
- Can offer an educational and fun beer tasting experience.
- Experienced servers (one to two years).
- Flexible with their schedule (with an open availability throughout the week, including weekends and evenings).
- Energetic, friendly and outgoing.
- Excellent team player.
- Good multitaskers.
- Smart Serve Certified.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Experience at a brewery, or brew pub
- Food Handlers Certificate.
- First Aid Certification.
- Experience with Touch Bistro.
- Fluency in a second language.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Pay above minimum wage, plus tips.
- Extensive beer training, including Cicerone Certified Beer Server.
- The opportunity to be involved, with the development of Niagara-on-the-Lake’s newest craft brewery.
If the above sounds like you, and you’re excited at the opportunity to join our team, we would love to hear from you!
Please email us your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com